French Garden (Behind the scenes)


Good day everybody! As promised I am still working on my colouring Poufs and I thought it would be nice to share with you some drawings and inspiration for the second pouf: A French Garden :)

My main inspiration I must confess is Jean Cocteau’s “Belle et la Bete” movie from 1946. I have been seeking out the original posters from the movie and I must say I find them truly mesmerising. In my collage, you will see a very strong touch on lavender and other French wild flowers. A beautiful maze, intricate glasswork, lilies...more of that to come!!!!


What I do for this first stage is print some images and glue them on a special A5 sketchbook. I know it's simple, but I am enjoying the process of “story boarding” and it is my intention to share the pages and notes at a later date.

Anyhoo, here it is.

The drawing and part of the tracing.



If tiredness permits, I will be finishing this Pouf at 5 a.m. tomorrow morning wrapping up the session with a humongous cup of tea.

See you soon!

Comments

Popular Posts