Cléo: a Belle Époque inspired illustration


Hello everybody!

I was recently commissioned by Kirsty Geddes to design a logo for her new business venture and I turned one of the ideas into the pouf you can see in this post. The original drawings featured black and sky blue colours. While working on it, I realised that combination always reminds me of the Belle Époque and the lovely tinted photographs from those years.

I decided to name this Pouf "Cléo", based on one of the rising dancers of the Belle Epoque in Paris, Cléo de Merode, who, btw, has been featured in my blog before.

You can see below the original drawing which I posted on Instagram a few days ago. This idea inspired me to start developing a new series of t-shirts so hopefully I will have something more structured soon.



Some inspiration images:

Belle Époque Parisian chair

Vintage Paisley pattern in Sky blue

Comments

Popular Posts