A custom handmade birthday t-shirt (in progress)
1. Use a selection of fabric markers (you can get them on ebay or any art store) I used SETASCKRIB by pebeo.
2. Find a sturdy board that you can place inside the tshirt.
3. Make a sketch of your design with a light crayon or pencil first, so you can get a general idea of what you are going to do :)
4. And then just, really, start pushing down the ink of the marker. I had a little help of a book and a big chopping board :)
5. Let it dry for a couple of hours and see how it goes. Maybe you would like to come back to your t-shirt and add some extra details or colour.
Oh yes, there's a video too.