Hello Dutch Garden! (Behind the Scenes)


Dear friends,

Sorry I have been a little bit away from my blog this week... However I've got loads to show you today!

I would like to share with you a little bit of the process of designing a Pouf. The lack of time and the fact that my book collection is currently being stored in Mexico, only allows me to do my visual research online.

For a Dutch Garden, seems obvious what you would go for: tulips, still lives, Rembrandt, narcissus, anemones, roses and cute folk art children.


Once I select my images, I print them and glue them together in some sort of a collage. Easy peasy. 


For this project I am working on an A3 sketchbook, so every Pouf has a page of its own. Hopefully I will be able to take some nice photographs of the book once this project is finished. 


I start drawing and getting some ideas together. These are some initial drawings and photos of the inking process. 



And ta-da, this is the final drawing:


 I will come back with the full version on white background. 
Have a great day!

Gaby x



Comments

Popular Posts